What is paint correction?
AODetail is one of the few auto detailers performing true paint correction, resulting in virtually defect free vehicles that appear better than new. Our labor intensive process and use of modern abrasives and polishes in conjunction with state of the art machinery delivers optimal results. Designed to repair and remove surface imperfections and damage such as swirl marks, fine scratches, bird droppings and acid rain etching plus isolated deep scratches, AODetail’s advanced techniques guarantee beautiful and flawless paintwork.
AODetail’s Paint Correction Procedure:
- Thorough decontamination to wash away surface dirt and remove any bonded debris such as tar spots and industrial fallout.
- Deep exfoliation follows by spraying the surface with a dedicated clay lubricant, then using the appropriate grade clay bar or NanoSkin to remove all remaining surface contaminants. This all important step readies the paintwork for machine correction.
- Paint thickness is measured using special gauges to identify uneven surfaces, then careful examination of the paint under halogen or LED lamps reveals any and all imperfections. Sensitive areas are masked off to prevent staining or damage from machinery and products. The utmost care is taken during these important masking steps. Once fully prepped, a fine amount of paint is removed using non-diminishing abrasives via paint safe machinery to level the service and remove heavier defects.
- A range of silicone free polishes and compounds are then applied to refine the surface and restore depth and clarity. Paint thickness is continually measured to ensure that the finish is even. If scratches are too deep to safely remove without risking further damage, the imperfections are rounded off at the edges to make them less visible in direct light.
- The panels are wiped down with isopropyl alcohol to remove any oils from the polishing process, revealing the true finish. The surface is now free of defects and ready to be protected. From this point, you may choose your method of protection; Carnauba, Synthetic Sealant or Paint Coating (Ceramic or Glass).
A properly corrected automobile will shine brilliantly and produce stunning reflections free from scratches and imperfections, permanently.