Professional car detailing is a service that keeps the look and feel of your vehicle like-new. During a car detail, you can expect to have your interior and exterior cleaned by hand rather than passing through an automated system. This process is thorough and gets into every nook and cranny that would be overlooked if done at a typical car wash.
Car Detailing Keeps Your Ride Fresh
Anyone can wash the inside and outside of your car, but you are guaranteed a better experience if a professional detailer takes care of it for you. Professional detailers provide top-notch treatment and only use high-quality equipment and products when taking care of your ride. Keeping up with routine car detail maintenance will not only keep your paint fresh, but will also retain your car’s resale value.
Types of Detailing Services
Interior car detailing services typically consist of:
- Vacuuming: Seats, carpets, floor mats, and the trunk area are vacuumed to remove dirt and debris.
- Compressed Air Cleaning: Using regulated compressed air, small cracks and crevices are able to be clean that otherwise wouldn’t be reachable by hand.
- Scrubbing & Brushing: Removes stains from floor carpets and mats.
- Steaming: If it’s a tough stain, steaming is the more effective way to remove the stain.
- Glass Cleaning: Cleaning of the windows and windshield.
- Leather Treatment: For vehicles with leather interior, a leather cleaner and conditioner are applied.
- Perfuming: Detailers will spray a scent to leave your car smelling fresh and new.
Exterior services include:
- Wash & Dry: This process is all done by hand. The detailer will foam and hand wash the exterior of your vehicle and dry with compressed air to minimize marring. This includes cleaning of the rims, door jambs, and glass.
- Clay Bar Application: Used to remove bonded surface contaminants, think of clay bar treatments as an exfoliation process for your paint. Claying allows for a cleaner, smoother surface and helps increase the effectiveness of polish and wax.
- Waxing/Sealing: This adds a protective layer to your car’s paint and gives it a glossy finish.
- Polishing: If you have any swirls or scratches, polishing helps remove a small layer from the car’s clear coat. This process will remove those imperfections.
Pro Tip: Remove Your Items
It is necessary to remove all items from your vehicle for it to be serviced. Some detailers will remove your items since it will get in the way of production. Clear your front and back seats, consoles, glove boxes and trunk of items and store them in your home for a more thorough experience.
Why Your Car Needs Detailing
Although a car wash might get the surface-level dirt off your car, they will miss tougher bonded dirt and grime. Not only are automated car washes not as thorough as detailing, but they can/will also induce scratching and swirling into your car’s clear coat. Car detailing will leave your car looking fresh as well as protect its paint and interior.
Not only does car detailing maintain the visual appeal of your car, it also helps with your well being. That’s right! A clean car means less dust, germs and hazardous chemicals being inhaled as well as having sharp visibility from your windows and windshield being cleaned effectively.
We’ll Get Your Car Squeaky Clean
You can have your car detailed by our team of professional detailers at AODetail. We’ll leave your ride looking smooth and shiny!